These jumbo muffin tins are the perfect, single serving size. The top of the wrappers crisp up almost like nacho chips. Besides being a fun way to serve lasagna, the filling itself was delicious.
Muffin Tin Lasgna
⅓ lb lean ground beef
⅓ lb loose sausage
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
3 c cottage cheese (Gail doesn't like ricotta, so we use cottage cheese)
¾ c shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 c pasta sauce
12 egg roll skins (about 4x5” ea)
Tin for 6 jumbo muffins
- Saute ground beef, sausage, salt and pepper until meat thoroughly cooked. Meanwhile, mix cottage cheese with beaten egg, and shred Mozzarella if necessary.
- Mix pasta sauce into sautéed meat.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat muffin tins generously with non-stick spray.
- To assemble: line the bottom of each muffin cup with an egg roll skin. Score the cottage cheese and meat sauce mixtures into twelfes. This doesn’t have to be perfect but prevents not having enough for the last portion.
- Spoon 1/12 of cottage cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Top with 1/12 of meat sauce mixture and 1 T shredded Mozzarella.
- Make a second layer with remaining egg roll skins, cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce mixture, and shredded cheese.
- Bake 10-15 min, until edges of egg roll skins are crispy and cheese bubbles.