Pulled Pork Enchiladas
3 lb boneless pork roast
1 oz dry onion soup mix
1 ½ c salsa
4 oz diced green chilies
½ c sour cream
3 oz sliced black olives
10 oz enchilada sauce, red or green
2 c shredded Mexican blend cheese
12 small whole wheat tortillas
- In morning or day before, place pork roast in crock pot. Cover with onion soup mix and ⅔ of salsa; cook on low 8 hr or until meat easily pulls apart with fork. Shred pork with 2 big forks; drain excess liquid, reserving if desired.
- Drain chilis, reserving liquid if desired. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl mix shredded pork with drained chilis, sour cream, remaining salsa and half of olives.
- Using 3 large plates: pour enchilada sauce on one, shredded cheese on another, leaving third empty. For each enchilada: Dip tortilla in sauce to cover one side, place sauce-side-up on empty plate. Fill with meat mixture; top with shredded cheese. Roll; place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese over top; bake 1 hr until browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining black olives; pass extra salsa and sour cream at table if desired.
- Add 1 T chili-garlic sauce to meat mix before rolling enchiladas.
- Garnish with diced green onion.
- Combine reserved liquid from crock pot and canned chilis; pour over enchiladas before baking.