Saturday, December 21, 2013

Craft Beer Cellar Advent Beer Day 21

Today is day 21 of the Craft Beer Cellar Advent box. Today is also the winter solstice. I shouldn't have been surprised to get a Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale. It is a winter warmer from Anderson Valley Brewing Company close to where my family lives in California.

Gail and I also shared the little bell-shaped goat cheese we got today from MA-France. We always find fun surprises in this cute new Lexington cheese shop. I often find fresh goat cheese to be somewhat bland, but this bell combined grass and lemon flavors in a nice young texture. I'm sad it's gone.

Back to the beer, which was full of nuance. It had a slight hoppy and yeasty aroma, unusual for this style. The bitterness was also slight, but noticeable, again unusual. It had the typical malt highlights, which gave way to caramel and a hint of nutmeg. I'm sad it's gone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment