Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Beer People

I stopped into a liquor store in a small town in Kansas passing through on a road trip to visit my daughter. I wanted to pick up something local. There was a guy there picking out some singles and I asked him if he had any recommendations. He pointed out a few, but showed me one he was buying that was one of his go-tos: Ethos Redux IPA from the Tallgrass Brewing Company line of the Wichita Brewing Company. As I finished picking out what I would buy, the guy stopped me and handed me one of the beers from the six pack he'd just bought, wanting me to try one of his favorites.

I was wearing my Treehouse shirt and mentioned that it was my local favorite. He'd heard of them, but never tried one. I happened to have one last Treehouse beer in my cooler in the car. I asked if he'd enjoy it as a thank you trade. His face lit up. I went out to the car and brought it back to him and he did happy little wiggle as he put it in his bag. The interaction was such a delight, so was the Ethos Redux IPA, with a nice bitterness and combination of caramel and bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment