Nova Scotia Hot Lobster
1 live 1¼ lb lobster
1 T butter
1½ t flour
¼ c light cream
- Boil lobster minimally until just red, about 5 minutes.
- Cool and pick meat from shell.
- 30 minutes before serving, saute in butter over low heat until butter turns red, up to 20 minutes.
- While lobster sautes in pan, slice toast into thick slices, set aside. Thoroughly combine flour and cream, removing all lumps.
- 5 minutes before serving, toast bread; pour flour mixture into pan, stirring constantly while sauce thickens. Season to taste. Serve immediately over toast.