Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chocolate Covered Belgian Waffle

I was in Belgium briefly about a month ago. I wanted a quick bite before I got on the plane to come home. I almost got a doughnut, but glanced over and saw a chocolate covered Belgian waffle. Belgium is famous for three foods: Belgian waffles, Belgian chocolate and Belgian beer. I don't think there was beer in my waffle.

I should have taken the picture before I took a bite. Oh well, but what a bite. It wasn't the best waffle, nor the best chocolate, but it was the best airport food I've ever had. The waffle had crystallized bits mixed in of something like a mix of flour, sugar and butter. The chocolate was almost crisp like hard shell, but not brittle. It stuck to the waffle making it easy to eat.

This is a new guilty pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment