Dutch Leek Hodgepodge with Sausage
Ingredient per serving
½ c warm mashed potatoes
½ T olive oil
½ c sliced leeks
½ c chopped red pepper
3 oz cooked wurst sausage
1 oz grated cheese
- If necessary, prepare mashed potatoes. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy skillet over med heat. While oil heats, halve leeks lengthwise; spread leaves; clean thoroughly under cold tap water; slice into thick rings.
- Remove seeds from red peppers; chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute leek and pepper pieces until tender, about 5 min.
- While vegetables sauté, slice sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix leeks, peppers, and half of sausage into mashed potatoes.
- Grease oven dish; transfer mixture in; arrange remaining sausage over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 min.